Randstad Associate Scientist Opportunity at EMD Serono! in Billerica, Massachusetts
Associate Scientist Opportunity at EMD Serono!
Thursday, September 29, 2016
Randstad USA Administration
We are seeking a highly motivated BS/MS scientist to join the research team of the Translational Oncology Group at the EMD Serono Research & Development Institute, Billerica, MA. The center is located in a suburban setting approximately 12 miles from Cambridge, MA.
Responsibilities will include conducting pre-clinical research studies in molecular oncology. This position offers the opportunity for a talented scientist to work at the forefront of cancer research within a research-based drug discovery company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for executing in vitro studies relevant to oncology drug development.
- Conduct mechanism of action studies using cancer cell models for translational research
- Flexibility to accommodate to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Collaborative and proactive attitude
- Attention to detail and organization skills are critical
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Responsible for data analyses and recording of experimental data in an electronic notebook
Job Requirements and Qualifications
This position requires a BS or MS degree in Biochemistry, Molecular or Cell Biology. Prior experience in cancer research in the areas of tumor metabolism and/or signal transduction is a plus. Hands-on experience with cancer cell lines and cell growth/viability assays is essential.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you re looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.