Randstad Graphic Artist in Baltimore, Maryland
Wednesday, September 28, 2016
Randstad USA Administration
DescriptionThis 6 month contractual position is responsible for the design and production of effective visual communications for Johns Hopkins across different platforms including print, digital, multi-media and other mediums.
This position reports to the Director of Creative Design and Brand Management and is responsible for a wide range of visual design projects from initial concept to delivery including preparation of files for print/web/digital and other mediums such as physical items (medallions) and building displays. Knowledge of the creative design and production process - briefing and scoping meetings with clients, developing briefs and specifications, creating and implementing production schedules, presenting work and performing approvals -ensures that projects are completed to the School's creative standards and guidelines, within budget and on schedule.
OFFICE AND BLOOMBERG SCHOOL OVERVIEW
The Office of External Affairs includes Development, Communications and Marketing, and Finance and Administration.
The award winning Communications and Marketing team provides strategic communications, external and internal communications, and marketing services for the School across a variety of digital and print platforms. This includes brand and identity management, digital strategies and web services, editorial and content strategies, visual communication, media and public relations, social media and integrated marketing campaigns.
Working hours: 8:30am - 5pm
- Designs a wide range of high quality communications materials from initial concept to completion.
- Meets with key stakeholders and internal clients, gathering appropriate information and creating a design concept based on understanding of client's desired message and outcomes.
-Presents and describes concepts and design approaches to client, incorporating client feedback in ongoing design revisions.
- Illustrates concepts by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style and other related aesthetic concepts.
- Utilizes understanding of proofreading marks to make accurate corrections. Designer must proof work for graphic errors including widows, orphans and design/format inconsistencies.
- Coordinates activities within client budget and time schedule for projects.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting comprehensives for approval.
- Prepares final files and completes projects by coordinating with outside vendors.
-May provide design and layout for the Johns Hopkins Public Health magazine and other publications. This is currently completed using external designers but at times is brought in-house. Assists with photography, illustrators, creative services as needed for each issue.
-Assist when needed in gathering quotes from external vendors and coordinating work with external vendors as required.
-Provides support for communications associates of the School and internal/external offices of the university when needed including providing logo or image files, and providing feedback on appropriate use of logos and other other identity elements within the brand guidelines.
-Significant responsibility for uploading, maintaining and accessing visual image files in the office's WebDAM system.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.