Randstad Systems Engineer in Austin, Texas
Monday, October 3, 2016
The Systems Engineer is responsible for supporting all hardware and software systems along with other IT staff. This person will also be responsible for providing technical guidance to ensure that all systems meet the current and future needs of our company. This position reports to the Director of IT.
Participate in technology initiatives including the future use of EFS, RDS, MS SQL on Linux and Windows.
Partner with engineering to design large-scale distributed systems and services
Develop system and service architecture documentation for new technologies and applications
Ensure that systems and services move smoothly from concept to production environments that have 100% uptime requirements
Document Standard Operating Procedures
Build tools to automate processes to continuously improve efficiency in system deployment, configuration, and maintenance
Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation as required
Skills & Requirements
2 years of relevant experience
Experience in supporting LAMP stacks
Linux knowledge and experience including 1-2 years maintaining, troubleshooting, and performing performance analysis and tuning
Must have at least 1 year of experience with Amazon Web Services management. This includes but is not limited to EC2, VPC, S3, and Route53.
Must have scripting experience.
Experience with LAMP Stack administration and tuning
Experience with MySQL and percona
· Strong skillset in systems management tools such as Chef / Ansible along with other open source software (Terrafrom, Consul, vagrant, etc.)
· Powershell, bash and ruby scripting.
· Knowledge of .Net Application Servers administration and tuning
· Experience with MSSQL 2014 and Percona
· Experience designing and building highly-available, high-volume environments, ideally in a SaaS or commodity websites with 24x7 100% uptime goals