Randstad Senior IT Project Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Senior IT Project Manager
salary:$45 - $55 per hour
date posted:Monday, July 17, 2017
Randstad Technologies is seeking an IT Project Manager for a contractor opportunity in Atlanta, GA. In this role, you will serve as Project Manager on multiple IT projects. Primary focus of most of the projects will be from an enterprise-wide perspective rather than functional business application standpoint. Most projects will involve web development components. Expectations are that the PM will independently drive the activities of the project, develop a schedule for project milestones, maintain project scope, set task deadlines, monitor staff progress, schedule and conduct meetings as required, develop and communicate project status, proactively drive the resolution of outstanding issues and project variances.
· 5-8 years project management experience effectively managing Information Technology projects from requirements gathering to close-out phases. Project experience must include new development; hardware evaluation, installation and configuration and large scale external customers. Experience must also include enterprise -wide type projects, not only functional.
· 5 years project management experience managing multiple projects simultaneously. Experience must include projects comprised of weak and balanced matrix team members who did not report directly to the PM.
· 5 years' experience using an established project management methodology including managing standard deliverables, risks, issues and escalation.
· Provide 7 years of work experience demonstrating strong problem solving skills.
· Well-developed communication skills - oral, written, listening. Good analytical and negotiation skills, and close attention to detail.
· Must have excellent leadership, interpersonal, and motivation skills.
· Expert level knowledge of standard PM tools (Primavera, MS Project, Visio, and MS Office Suite)
· BA/BS degree with major in Business or Computer Science.
· Six Sigma certification.
· Solid knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.