Randstad Operations Manager in Ann Arbor, Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI
US$ 20 - US$ 30 per hour
Thursday, October 6, 2016
Randstad USA Administration
DescriptionThe primary objective will be manage day to day operations to drive performance, implement process improvements, and monitor site specific metrics. Other activities will include driving quality improvements, material management, and tool development support. We are looking for an individual that is willing to coach and mentor staff to performance.
Job duties include:
- Motivate temporary staff and help recognize superior performance.
- Direct day to day operations to ensure daily targets are reached in your areas of responsibility.
- Monitor daily production. Collect and analyze data. Evaluate trends to identify potential opportunities and problem areas.
- Identify, prioritize, and drive continuous improvement activities to enhance productivity and quality.
- Communicate process changes and manage training of site personnel.
- Support workforce planning, training, team-building activities, and other activities related to personnel management.
- Coordinate and audit operator training.
- Ensure the operations team works effectively together to meet performance requirements.
- Conduct weekly team meetings.
- Demonstrate leadership in an operations/production environment.
- Proven ability to take on projects and finish them efficiently.-
- Exceptional communication skills a must.
- Analytical and/or technical skills related to production systems preferred.
Working hours: 7:30am - 4:00pm Monday-Friday
- BA/BS degree is preferred but not required for the right candidate.
- Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain focus is preferred.
- Understanding of how to coach and motivate a team to success.
- Advanced level of common computer software applications, including presentations and spreadsheets.
This is a 2 year assignment with Randstad. Per client requirements, the position will only last 2 years. However, it is an outstanding position to gain further work experience. Job assistance is provided prior to the 2 year term limit.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad.