Randstad Inventory Planner in Akron, Ohio
US$ 45,000 - US$ 50,000 per year
Tuesday, October 11, 2016
Randstad USA Manufacturing & Logistics
Description1st shift Inventory Planner paying 45k-50k a year with bonus potential.
The Supply Chain Planner is responsible for planning/purchasing/distribution of finished goods inventory and component materials in accordance with company strategy and market requirements. The Planner will work as a key member of a Supply Chain Team with the overall goal of being a value-added business unit within the company.
Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in Business Management or Supply Chain Management and 1-2 years of Supply Chain Planning experience; or 2-3 years of experience in an operational role with responsibilities in planning, budgeting, or forecasting. Candidate must be willing to seek additional training as needed.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Power Point and Word
- Strong analytical skills & reporting
- Experience in MRP and or DRP required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task - required
- Team player with problem solving skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Planning experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Ability to speak/write in Spanish - preferred
- Experience using Infor M3 - preferred
Working hours: 8am-5pm
- Planning, preparing, and executing Purchase Orders and Distribution Orders or inventory purchased/transferred from multiple internal & external suppliers
- Manage inventory levels at the item level across the distribution centers within the United States, Canada and Mexico
- Proactively work cross-functionally with the Central Planning, Marketing, Sales & Customer Service Business Units on forecasting market trends, customer requirements, and phase-in/phase-out projects
- Manage inventory in line with Fiscal Budget and Latest Estimate Forecasts
- Analysis of business trends, change in customer-level demand, and market/product segment targets will drive replenishment planning for the North American Distribution Network
- Participate/Co-Lead the S&OP Process with Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Operations & R&D teams on business trends & change in demand process.
- Manage Planning Parameters in ERP system, including: safety stock levels, forecasts and supply lead-time
- Manage Pricing Parameters in ERP system, including: Price Agreements, working with Finance on the rolling of costs and analysis of PPV issues.
- Execute & Communicate Purchase Orders with vendors
- Working in conjunction with Transportation Department, Obtain expedited freight quotes/following air freight policy approval process. Follow & distribute Shipping Instructions to meet Freight model targets.
- Communicate with suppliers to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule
- Monitor and improve supplier performance metrics including quality, lead time, price and on time delivery
- Identify strategies and present proposals aimed at reducing excess inventories, increasing product quality, and decreasing costs
-Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.